Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff What have you…..

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Is there a technique/product that you have always wanted to try but have been hesitant to?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmmmm…
        Great question, let me think on it for a bit!!!!

I don't think I am hesitant to try anything. I think it's more I don't want to scour the inteet looking for a new technique when I could be scrapping or editing. I think I'm more inspired seeing a technique used on someones page in the forums and galleries I visit. I'm not a big you tube person. I lack the patience to sit and watch videos.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Well, we've been challenged lately to start being brave about acrylic. I would like to see different techniques with the stuff, I know enough to glue on stuff with Glossy Accents and I was pleasantly surprised to lea that I could punch holes in it without creating a sorry mess, but that's about it.

I'm not sure. I see things I'd like to try
          Think to myself hey I'd like to try that
          but then see something else I'd like to try
          Think to myself hey I'd like to try that forget about the first thing I wanted to try. Get distracted getting ready to try the second by a third thing I want to try….and so on and so on.
          My attention span might be a tad short ;)

Ok here's one. Mica paper. Where to get it. How to use it. %-6

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

never heard of mica paper? lol
            I try alot of new techniques…funny though I saw a cool thing the other day, went to the tutorial…and seriously on STEP 18…I shut off the site thinking…step 18 geez Im not doing 18+ steps to make that lol
            but there are many things that I still want to try 🙂 and I am sure many more will come up too

Snagg1
              Send PM

Lisa, I know that Mister Art carries Mica Flakes. I have some that I bought from a diamond mine when we were camping this past summer. The problem is that they are in small pieces and not in larger sheets.

I thnk Tim uses it in place of his acrylic findings. It instantly gives the pic an old feel.

Shona and Christy you both make me laugh. I can relate.

Ok here's one. Mica paper. Where to get it. How to use it. %-6

I have found it at an ATC store website. I've used it a bit but not much.

yeah this is actual paper. I have seen some things done with it. It's not small like flakes.

I'm like the rest of you. I see things that I'd like to try and then get distracted or intimated

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I don't think it's matter of 'trying' a new technique as much as it's mastering the ones I have already tried…..

Once in awhile, I will see a technique I think is beautiful, but if it has too many step to it, I won't try it. I don't know if it is intimidating or I just don't want to take up that much time. I've haven't tried altered things too much, because I just don't think I have the room for them when I'm done. I think they are beautiful though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.