Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff What's going on??

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I went on sb.com and really looked around. I have noticed that there isn't much activity, and very few comments. Hardly anybody (even the good ones) have been commented on or have been checked off as favorites. What's up over there?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I was actually wondering that myself when I was over there this afteoon.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'm not sure. It used to be a happening place, but it's not very active anymore. A lot of people are just posting their stuff on facebook on groups like Paper People and Artsy Addicts. I know there are others. but those are the ones I belong to.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

So that is how to go now, huh? Facebook? How does one find out more about that? I have friends on Facebook who belong to those groups and I see a lot of layouts posted there. To bad about sb.com, that used to be THE place. What about 2 Peas? Are they as desolate as sb.com?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I noticed a big change in participation on sb.com when they changed their website format. Don't know if that is part of the reason, or if they changed because they were seeing a drop off??

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I noticed that too, Sherri.

Robin, I invited you to the Paper People group, so you can post there too.

Not sure about 2 peas. I think I made an account there, but I remember it being dead when I did, so I stopped posting.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I just haven't been over there that much myself.
                  I'm not online as much as I used to be and so I haven't been commenting at all. I can't remember the last time I posted anything there.
                  The new format doesn't bother me, in fact, I like it. It's just easier to use Facebook, I guess.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Facebook does seem to be the place to go anymore. My list of places I've joined keeps growing and growing. Don't you find that your online time starts to really eat into your crafting time? I've really been struggling lately to keep on top of getting things done and trying to keep up with online stuff. I've been MIA because I'm starting a monthly scrapbooking club in town where we get together and scrap and it has tued out to be quite a bit of work. I'm excited though because it will be a group of people who get together and have some fun on a regular basis!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Linda, that sounds fun. We had one in my area awhile back but it fizzled out after about a year

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Linda, that sounds wonderful!!!!!
                        I'm not able to do it very often, but the times that I'm able to get together with scrappy friends is so precious!!!!!!
                        It does sound like a lot of work, but it's so worth it all!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Linda that sounds like lots of fun! I do that through my church once a month. It's pretty slow right now so not much work but it does take some effort when I get a few signed up.

I never got into SB.com but I gotta tell ya ladies…I don't know how gals find the time to be on all these different websites and make an ACTUAL presence on all of them! It's craziness!! I can't comment on everyone's stuff all over the place. That's why I click like on paper people. Makes it that much easier.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I have a question about Facebook…

so you go on, and then you see a layout or something you like, so you like it. Is there a place you can go to see all the things you have liked'?

Because if not, then I really don't see the point of liking anything if you can't go back and see it again. At sb.com you can save things you like into your favs and see them anytime you want to. Which I like because I have saved layouts that I liked for inspiration, product usage, color usage etc and just because I liked them. If you can't go back and see things on Facebook, then why even like them in the first place?

I don't get it, to have to scroll through days, weeks or even months of posts just to see something again seems like a real waste of time.

Help me understand the draw to Facebook!

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

so how do you post layout to Facebook? I remember that we used to be able from sb.com. I tried but it didn't work.

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Yeah, I don't get it either, Robin! Yet another reason why I don't do FB.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

One of the other reasons people aren't using sb.com is because of Pinterest. THAT allows you to like and keep track of everything you like on the inteet, and organize it the way you want. Pinterest and Facebook are the best forms of advertising your pages.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.