Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW What's your scrappy process?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

How do you start your layouts? Do you start with the paper? The picture(s)? The embellishments or a sketch? Is it the same all the time?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me, it's never the same. Most times I start with the kit. I know what papers I want to use, then I find a picture to go with them. Sometimes I will have a sketch that I want to use, then I search for the right picture and papers.

I guess it just depends on which way my mojo is flowing.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I usually just start with the papers. I know what papers I'm going to use, then I start thinking about the pics. I also have a stack of pics on my desk or in a folder on my computer that I want to scrap. I just wait until we get a kit that will match.

I love sketches, but unless it's for the kit or DT assignment, I don't think of them first in my process. 🙂

I guess I'm a little like Kim. My process changes depending on what I am working with. If I am working with a Swirlydoos kit, I know what papers I'm using, so I search for photos that will work with them, or tu color photos to black and white to work with the colors of the paper. Then I choose with pps I will use from the kit. If my mojo is lacking, I work with the sketch challenge first, then the butterfly challenge. That usually get the creative juices flowing. Sometimes, if I see a technique or a new product that I really want to try, I create the LO around that technique. The rest of the time, I would have to say, I start with my photos, choose the pps, then what embellishments I want, then I might try to figure out a cool technique to try on the LO.

Snagg1
            Send PM

99% of the time I start with a pic. I have so many accumulated through the years that my lo's creation revolve around a pic that has moved me. At one point I flew by the seat of my pants, but as of late I've found creating has become a faster process for me when I create a sketch to go by first. I don't always stick to it 100%, but if I have an idea where I'm going it's alleviated the stress of staring at the paper. Then I decide which paper I want. I have taken out collections and then put them back saying, nah not this one, so I need to marinate on my paper choice a bit too. God what a pain in the a$$ I am!

For me is different from time to time.
            But I often start with a photo… then flowers, papers and the rest ;)
            Another day I have an idé of how a whole page should look like and choose my photos, papers and embellishment from that…. and in the end it never tu out like I imagined =D
            When I work with kits ( which I like to do very much). I look at the kit plan all pages in which papers and embellisment to use to each page… and then look for photos.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I start with the kit. Sort of.
              I keep a subfolder of moost scrap photos in my Pictures Folder and every once in a while, I go through all photos on my hard drive as well as my snapshots just to refresh my memory.
              When the kit arrives, part of the process of petting the pretties involves a mental flipping through my pictures, choosing the ones that I think will go perfectly with the colors and pattes and embellies.
              (Some of those moost scrap photos linger for over a year or two when all of a sudden a piece of paper calls out to me that this would be perfect!)

I guess I usually start with the paper, since I am usually working from one of the kits. I use inspiration from Pinterest a lot too.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I'm pretty much like you ladies. I have a pile of pics and as I get a kit I see which fit. More and more I find myself just starting to scrap and finding a pic to match later. Sometimes the most gorgeous pic just dosent seem to work and it hampers my mojo. I do like sketches and pintrest for jumpstarters and sometimes I just see in my head what I want and try to make it match!

It varies for me. I'd say I usually start with the photos, but then again sometimes a certain kit will scream at me to scrap it and I dig until I find photos to go on it. I go through phases when it comes to sketches; sometimes that's all I use and sometimes I prefer to simply freeflow and see what happens. If I'm working from a sketch I will pull out embellishments once I've selected one to work with. If it's a still-together Swirly kit I try to use what comes with it. If it's something I'm creating from thin air then it's a 50/50 as to whether I pull out embellies to begin with or dig them out when I need something. I'm trying to be better about using more and hoarding less (I hear Peggy gasping already! lol!), so I've had my chippies readily available for inspiration the last few months. Now if only the mojo would come back!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

If I am working a kit, I start with the paper and find photos to work with the papers. Otherwise I start with photos and find papers that work.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I do the same as Maggi.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I have a basket on my desk that holds the photo's I'd like to scrap then I dig through all my papers etc to see what will go with the pics. Sometimes I find papers that I know exactly what photo I want to use!

I start with something, maybe paper, maybe a photo, then build from there. It can go any direction and rarely ends up being what I thought it would be.

Has anybody ever bought an outfit to match some scrap paper?

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Monica, ***gasp*** indeed!!!!
                      I do try to use all of my kit; I think that the problem is time – if I had more, I don't think I would be such a hoarder, lol.
                      (I do admit that once in a while, I do put a piece of paper aside for later.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.