Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop which one to get?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hello everyone. I was going to ask hubby for a photo editing program for xmas maybe…..I have never used one. Which one would you recommend for a novice? The one thing that I do want to do is the black and whites with a color splash in them, and then just mainly editing photos. Thanks for any suggestions.
      Shona 🙂

I recommend Photoshop Elements 8…You can do a lot with that program, and when you master it, move on to Photoshop CS…

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I recommend Photoshop Elements 8…You can do a lot with that program, and when you master it, move on to Photoshop CS…

thanks 🙂

It's also about several hundred dollars cheaper so you can still get other gifts too! 🙂

You can do sooooo much, you'll be amazing and awe-ing us very soon. Can't wait.

OR you could use GIMP for free or Photobucket if that is all you want to do with the program.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

GIMP isn't a bad choice if you haven't worked with any editing software before…it's free and you can play aroound with it. If you have the patience and interest I agree Elements is the best way to go as far as price….me I can't live without Photoshop!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I started out with Photoshop 5 and then upgraded to PSE 8. I used Elements for several years…..until I really got into actions. PSE 8 is good to lea on, and there are lots of free actions for PSE8. But, I'm in love with CS5. If you are an educator or have a student in the house, you can get it for around $200.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

thanks again 🙂 lots of help 🙂

I have created a lot of images in GIMP…and it is nice…because it is free. I have not done much photo editing with it though…I just use Picasa…which is free…to do small changes…like black and white. Of course I am thinking of getting the CSS…since everyone here seems to like it 🙂

I will try some photo editing with GIMP…see what I think.

I have created a lot of images in GIMP…and it is nice…because it is free. I have not done much photo editing with it though…I just use Picasa…which is free…to do small changes…like black and white. Of course I am thinking of getting the CSS…since everyone here seems to like it 🙂

I will try some photo editing with GIMP…see what I think.

So…I am not much into the editing part…don't know much about it…I just paint things…lol…and no attention span to figure out how to edit in GIMP…lol…maybe on another day. LOL

Just be careful…..Photoshop or anything like it is addictive!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Just be careful…..Photoshop or anything like it is addictive!!!

Ok I downladed PS 9 for a free trial for 30 days….I will fart around with it for a month and see if I can figure out anything? lol…..I looked for 8 but only 9 kept coming up. Wish me luck 🙂

OH!!! 9 is better!!! I forgot about the new upgrade!!

I went to youtube.com for some tutorials. The Girlies here gave lots of instructions that were very helpful. Go back and look at the older posts.
              Go to Coffeeshop.com and PioneerWoman too. I'm not sure of the addy, but you can google these and find them. Another good one is Deviantart.com You can get free actions to use. Pioneer Woman has instructions on how to load your actions. I messed up the first time and really goofed up my computer. If you really are hooked, Florabella has some great actions, but the cost.
              I'll just bet you will be a goner when you get started. CS5 is next!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have PSE4, is it worth it to upgrade to PSE9?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.