Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges ***WINNER***November SwirlyHues Challenge

This topic contains 156 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)
  • Author

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!
    Saturday December 10th by midnight EST, will be the last day to submit your Swirlyhues Layout for the challenge!! At which time, the DT will vote…

Hello My Scrapping Goddess's!! This month I will be your hostess for Swirlyhues, and if you are using the November Kit Beau Jardin then you have half of the work done for you already!! The kit is GORGEOUS!!!

Here are the rules of the color game… http://swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2011/11/november-swirlyhues-and-blog-hop.html%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

We will use this thread to share all of your creations for this months color challenge. Layouts, cards, altered pieces, I want to see it all!! The color palette is soft and gorgeous, but you can follow Natasha's style and girlie grunge it up a bit!! As I have in my example. Water distressing, cut and lacing, inking and painting. Use your talents to your hearts content, but don't forget to use at least one tutorial for a technique on your project. I want to see FLOWERS…Handmade Flowers!!! You know how much I love them!!!

But whatever tutorial you choose, have fun with it, and if you could throw down a twist to that technique you tried?? Go for it!! And show us how it's done!! Dont forget to upload your projects to the gallery in the November SwirlyHues album because there is a chance to win a wonderful Swirlygoodness prize pack from me, and 2 of you will receive one of our highly coveted blog badges!

The challenge is open to EVERYONE!! So spread the word!! You can pull out your kit, you can pull out your stash!! Anything goes as long as you use the current colors and a tutorial from the forums. . I know you have stuff that you have been wanting to use for a LONG time. Get it out and get it done!!! I'm creating along with you. And by the end of the week, I will have created another flower tutorial to add to the arsenal we already have!!

http://swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2011/11/november-swirlyhues-and-blog-hop.html%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url] for the rules

[img:width=600&height=604]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320928383_55_FT0_so_she_did_sm_.jpg[/img]

Wow This was a tough one. Every single LO was a knockout!!! The endless creativity that everyone put into the same colors just amaze us!!! We went back to the voting board a few times on this one, and the winners are:

Novembers Scarlet Siren at #1 is Manda Kurtz!!!
    She is a master with misting and we all loved how soft and touchable this looks. Manda used two of our tutorials on her page; Faux Stone and Template Stitching. Isn't it beautiful. To see more of Manda's inspiring creations, please visit her blog at http://www.mandadk.blogspot.com

And our Second place Blue Betty is JennieA
    Jennie used a vintage photo of her mother and embellished it so beautifully. Jennie used 3 tutorials!! She used Camilla's Layering and Clustering technique, a technique from Lisa V's 101 Gesso tutorial, and Lisa G's Swirly Hibiscus tutorial. Beautifully done Jennie!! To see more of Jennie's beautiful creations, please visit her blog at http://jennie-livethedream.blogspot.com

Congrats Swirlyhues Divas, Make sure to email Lisa Valentine at [email protected] so that she can get you your blog badges. She also need an avi from you so she can put your beautiful faces on our blog!!

Love all the stitching, Lisa! The colors are sooooo pretty! Gorgeous flowers! Looking forward to another flower tutorial! I am really hoping to be able to play along this month!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Love these colors!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa your example is awesome!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I love this page, Lisa!!! Your stitching is amazing!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Here is mine for some inspiration:

[img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320943505_12_FT126652_let_down_your_hair_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Ang, this is stunning

And here's mine:
              breath1picture.jpg

Gorgeous pages, ladies!!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Wonderful LO's I love these colors.

Love the colors in this kit! These LO's are all so amazing!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Paulien that is a gorgeous LO

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Beautiful pages, thanks to our talented DT members for creating and sharing these inspirational pieces of work!!!!

Okay, this is the month. I am getting this done. I hope.

Wow, beautiful LO's ladies! And these colors are goooorgeous!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.