Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges WINNERS ANNOUNCED! – November 2014 SGC – Tell me a Story! challenge closed.

This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh my gosh, it is November!!! I can't believe it, Christmas will be here very soon and then it'll be 2015. Stop the world, I wanna get off, time is flying way too quickly!! Well in the meantime, it's time for another challenge!

You remember, not long ago, we were discussing old style scrapping and how many of us felt the need to get back to telling the story? Well here's your chance 'cause we're gonna do some joualing this month!

So here are my rules:

1. You may enter as many layouts as you wish in this challenge but you may not enter these layouts in any other Swirly challenges.
      2. There must be joualing on your layout and it needs to be visible! Visible as in I can see it OR visible as in, its on a hidden tag and I can see where the tag is hiding.
      3. Layout must be new as of November 1, 2014.
      4. You know how much I love furbabies, so I would really love to see furbaby layouts and stories but that is NOT a requirement, merely a suggestion. 🙂
      5. Post your challenge entries in this thread AND in the Swirlydoos Facebook photo album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?upload_flow=&qn=ff5ea4c9cee8958fe2d512cd1267d2b3&av=1723528359&id=1723528359&tid=1479028899001842&skipClustering=true&qn=ff5ea4c9cee8958fe2d512cd1267d2b3&uploader=flash_pro&success=1&failure=0&photo_order%5B0%5D=4836244400336&waterfallStats%5BuploadTime%5D=7564&waterfallStats%5BuploadNumTotal%5D=1&waterfallStats%5BuploadBytes%5D=472067&waterfallStats%5BuploadBandwidth%5D=62.409703860391325&waterfallStats%5BeditorHasOrder%5D=true&waterfallStats%5BnumFBIDs%5D=1&ref=group_albums&set=oa.1508386702732728
      6. Post your entry by midnight SMT November 30th.
      7. Have fun adn be sure to leave comments and love for everyone!
      8. You do not have to use Swirlydoos kits for this challenge.

Here's some inspiration for you, of course it's my sweet baby girls, Nika and Tisha and I've used Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs for this layout.

Here's my story:

Silly Poodles!
      When Tisha was a puppy, she was crated in my office whenever we were away. The rest of the time the door was open and Tisha usually would go there to take frequent naps throughout the day. Well, one day Noodle (she's really Nika
      but we call her Noodle cause she's all Noodley!) decided to nap in the crate. So Tisha gives the situation the eye and no problem, she just barrels into the crate and kinda pushes Noodle over a bit and curls up beside her. From that day forward, the two of them always curled up in the crate together.

[img:width=600&height=596]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1414839967_312_FT0_rsz_its_a_dogs_life_g45_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1414839967_312_FT0_its_a_dogs_lifeclose2_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1414839967_312_FT0_its_a_dogs_lifeclose3_.jpg[/img]

There will be TWO winners for this challenge, we will vote on the best story told and I will pick one winner by random selection.

A word about joualing:

After you select your photo, think of a story you'd like to tell about your photo. Then start telling the story in your head, say it out loud if it helps. Now right down what your are saying. Don't worry about writing everything grammatically correctly. After all, you are telling a story and you know when we tell stories, we sometimes say things like I wanna instead of I want to. Well then write I wanna, its more fun that way! Write your story the same way you would tell it to someone verbally. I think following this methodology makes joualing so much easier. Give it a try, take the pain out of joualing!

Entries:

Peggy
      1415373342_36_FT251345_little_bill__uncle_jack.jpg

Christy
      perfectCB_zps8def8da0.jpg

Paula
      1415647247_2893_FT251345_image_.jpg

Jan
      1415816365_5_FT251345_chosen_.jpg

Ginny
      1417385544_2865_FT251345_rsz_dsc_0016_2.jpg

Cheryl
      1417388685_17_FT251345_resized_nov_sgc_2014_.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Great Challenge and a very beautiful page of your sweet poodles!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Holy turkey it IS November, isn't it.
          Well, there's a Nor'Easter winding down outside and that's typical November weather here…

I love page, Maggi – so beautifully designed – and I love the story behind it.
          As for the challenge, well, I guess that's why they call it a challenge, right?
          Okay, I'll put my thinking cap on and remind myself that I usually do tell the story when I post my layouts. I just need to figure out a way to add it to the page, right?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I know that everyone is getting really busy this time of year but there was a lot of chatter about needing to tell the story etc etc not too long ago so ladies, I'm going to be soooo disappointed if you don't tell me a story this month! It doesn't have to be a long story, but please more than a sentence.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

As for the challenge, well, I guess that's why they call it a challenge, right?
              Okay, I'll put my thinking cap on and remind myself that I usually do tell the story when I post my layouts. I just need to figure out a way to add it to the page, right?

This is so me right here^^. I'm going to give it a shot though.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I know that everyone is getting really busy this time of year but there was a lot of chatter about needing to tell the story etc etc not too long ago so ladies, I'm going to be soooo disappointed if you don't tell me a story this month! It doesn't have to be a long story, but please more than a sentence.

And the horse you rode in on.

Okay, I'm teasing.
                I'm already working on a page that JUST MIGHT be perfect. My problem is getting the story on the page, let's see what happens!!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

LOL Peggy, LOL, got that!!!!! Have you seen my duck?

It works BEST if you do your joualing before you get too deep into your project, its much easier to plan it in with your LO that way. And remember it can be hidden on a tag that you slip behind something AS LONG AS we can see where the tag is hiding. Don't have to be able to read the tag, just need to see that it is there. AND I trust that you will all be honest about there being some joualing on said tag!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Ha ha ha, you should have heard Peggy yelling at me at camp cause my challenge that month required, of all things, a title. Imagine that. LOL! I bet she let out a string of 4 letter words when she read this one. 🙂

Love ya Pegs!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Ha ha ha, you should have heard Peggy yelling at me at camp cause my challenge that month required, of all things, a title. Imagine that. LOL! I bet she let out a string of 4 letter words when she read this one. 🙂

Love ya Pegs!!

Yeah um, so did I. Y'all know I don't joual!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I have two fur babies that I haven't really scrapped much about so I'll have to go find some of my favorite pics.

Storytelling, that I love doing…outloud. Writing I need to work on.

Great challenge Maggi 🙂

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

[quote]

Love ya Pegs!!

[/quote]

Well then Kim, here's the perfect opportunity for you to start!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Ohh I wanna see and hear about your furbabies Paula!! Was thinking maybe you had a pet cock you could scrap about, LMAO!! OK don't go there.

Weee, I had so much fun with that silly rooster challenge!

Oh MY! What a beautiful LO, Maggi! The challenge is AWESOME!!! I'm hoping I can get up the stairs for some furbaby photos! They have me practicing stairs in PT now, so it shouldn't be much longer!

Snagg1
                              Send PM

Ohh I wanna see and hear about your furbabies Paula!! Was thinking maybe you had a pet cock you could scrap about, LMAO!! OK don't go there.

Weee, I had so much fun with that silly rooster challenge!

Oooo Maggi you are soooo bad! Lmao, but that challenge was a blast ;)

craftysprinkles
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

[quote]

Love ya Pegs!!

[/quote]
                                Kim and I are standing hand in hand muttering at you, Maggi ;D

I CAN do the stories in my head, but when it comes to putting it down on paper, all thought seems to disappear. Funny, I used to be able to bulls**t so well in school, tuing out book reports and term papers without all of the outlining and stuff and still getting A's.
                                Well, I'm gonna try because the page that I'm working on can be joualed. And I just may be able to fit a cock in!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.