Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Workout Music

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I am needing some new music to run with. Any suggestions? does anyone here run?

I run every moing at 6 before work – my goal is 100 miles a month. I've hit that goal for 3 years, but am severaly short this year by about 150 miles with no desire to do any long runs to make it up. gettin lazy.

can't help with the music because I usually use the time to think or even pray. Once in a while I pop my ipod on, but not often.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What kind of music do you like, Lisa? I don't know what kind of music people like to run to!

Wow Jen 100 miles a month! You go girl! I wrecked my knee a couple of years ago and my new trainer has me running again 3 times a week. I'm only doing about 10 miles a week and I don't think I will be able to do more than that without it bothering my knee but we'll see.

Anyway, I cannot run without music unless I run outside with a partner. The music is what keeps me going. If I am running with someone I am usually pushing them so that works. I can't think. I have to totally zone out and focus on pushing myself. What works for me is mostly hard rock/ metal music like Nickleback. Some Rhianna songs work, like shut up and drive and there is a Miley Cirus song the seven things I hate about you that is good. It's the tempo of the music not the song itself that keeps my pace. Slower tempos will slow me down.

knee problems stink to high heaven. Take care of your knees.

Trust that I walk a great deal of my run and it may take me an hour or even 2 to get through what I had planned for the day. Cant run for long at all.

I am smart enough to know that if my kids or hubby start to irritate me, then it's probably me and I need to get to the gym for some stress relief.

I also agree about working out with someone. It does help to push further. I meet a gal at the gym and we help each other. Also keeps me from getting too lazy since I know she is waiting for me.

I never run outside. Always inside. No reason other then I really like my gym.

What speed and distrance are you running? My trainer has me doing intervals and then a straight run once a week for now. Last week I beat my time by 30 seconds on my straignt run and did 2 miles in 21 1/2 mins. Yesterday I had to do intervals at 4.2 and 6.2. Tomorrow I have run 3 miles straight through.
      Two hours on the treadmill without music is a long time Jen!!!!!! How do you do it???

What speed and distrance are you running? My trainer has me doing intervals and then a straight run once a week for now. Last week I beat my time by 30 seconds on my straignt run and did 2 miles in 21 1/2 mins. Yesterday I had to do intervals at 4.2 and 6.2. Tomorrow I have run 3 miles straight through.
      Two hours on the treadmill without music is a long time Jen!!!!!! How do you do it???

Holy smokes – you go! that is fabulous. And you beat your record by 30 seconds? great job. A trainer is such a smart way to go. Do you also enter 5k events and local races?

Honestly I cannot run 2 miles straight. I can do about 6.2 miles for about 6 or 7 min tops. By intervals, you mean inclines? My incline would only be at 1.5 at that pace. when I walk , I go to 4.2 and bring the incline way up to 15, the highest. Then I'll walk for 1 min with the incline at 3.0 then start the cycle again.

I've never done anything where I needed to time myself – never entered a race. I have a log book where I jot my miles down every day and the cals that I bu on the machine. I have kept this log for 4 years.
      I guess technically there is music – the stuff playing at the gym.

I do have an ipod and once in a while I bring it – I love Lady GaGa PokerFace on that. Good beat and fast

Ha ha I run to poker face too. Just didn't want to admit it.

No by intervals I mean I jog 1 minute at a 4.2 then 2 minutes at a 6.2. I go back and forth like that for however much time she has on my program for that day. Yesterday it was 25 minutes. Then I had to do my assigned weight workout then at the end bike for 12 minutes on a level 10! Then I went home and took a nap. hee hee

I can go straight through without walking. Not at a 6.2 yet though. More like a 5.2. Before I hurt my knee I was up to 4 miles. We'll see tomorrow if I can do 3 straight through at steady 5. something. And I only beat my time because that was what my program said to do. If I did not have this trainer I would not push myself like this. I am trying to get leaner so that's what I hired her for. I haven't been seeing any results with my workouts and needed someone with knowledge to help me.

You are doing it the smart way by hiring a trainer to get you where you need to go. Especially when you have knees that have had issues in the past. I give you tons of credit and kudos because after having an injury, it's hard to get motivated again. Good for you.

I also hired a trainer several years ago so I could be in shape when I hit my 40th birthday. It was well worth the money.
      Man they can really push you harder then you'd normally be inclinded to do.

Ohhh Ok – my intervals are 2 min walking and 3-6 running, whatever I decide I am in the mood for. Or whatever my workout buddy is doing. She was training for a half marathon and was really pushing us. Some days I use the treadmill for 30 min and other days it's much longer like I said. Those would be weekends.

I will also mix it up with elliptical and the bike. I have been doing even less treadmill because I started doing Total Body Workout which is a class at my lunchhour. Holy smokes it's a killer.

frankly, after a few years of the same 'ol, I am getting bored and enjoying the elliptical even more.

It does get boring doing the same old routines. I worked out for years with another trainer, she wasn't someone I hired but I took all her classes and ran with her on Sundays. She just pushed me too hard. Her philosophy was longer, harder stronger. She never even takes a day off from workouts. That's not good for you. I was overtraining and I got but out. I left that gym and joined this one but the past year that I have been there I have not been motivated. It's only coming back now.
      I haven't done a race yet although I would like to. I think a 5K would be pretty easy for me. Not so sure I would ever be up for a marathon without getting my whole body shot up with cortizone. I'm not 20 anymore ya know!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.