Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Worst mom of the year award 2012

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

And the worst mom of the year award goes too…Andiepants.

At 5:50 I suddenly realized that my 14 year old son had been waiting up at the track for me to pick him up since 4:45.

I still haven't stopped crying. I can't even imagine what he feels like. This isn't even about me…it's about him. I don't think I could ever make this up to him.

To top it off…he gave up on me and walked to church since youth group starts at 6. Granted church is only a 10 minute walk through a sub…but still…

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Aw! Don't be so hard on yourself. He's safe, and that's what matters. We all make mistakes. Hugs!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I know you must feel horrible but don't beat yourself up over it. Be proud of him that he calmly took control of the situation and got himself where he needed to be …that is something to be proud of and shows you are teaching him well.

Oh goodness Andie, I think I may have done that myself, although I dont remember which child it was. Maybe both. I know the feeling. You feel totally guilty. You will be able to make it up tp him. Tell him the truth. Tell him you feel horrible. Let him know you love him very much and you would never do anything to put him in harms way. He will forgive you. You probably feel worse than he does. Thank god, he walked to church, and didnt wander else where. He made a wise choice. Tell him your proud of his choice. You'll be fine mom…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks for the encouragement girls. I cried when they all got home from youth group and gave him a big hug. Yes he's fine but I just couldn't imagine how I would feel if my parents forgot me for OVER AN HOUR!!

I'll play a couple of hours of Call of Duty with him for a little one on one. I may know how to scrap…I cannot play COD.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh Adriana! I'm sure your son knows how much you care and love him. Don't worry, like the others said, I'm sure your feeling a lot worse than he is.
            OMword, call of duty..that's some serious one on one time.. 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Andie, as the girls said you probably feel worse than he does. I did that one time with my daughter forgetting to pick her up from her Brownie/Girl Guide troop, I was like a half hour late and I just couldn't believe I could have done that – just got involved in doing something and lost all track of time, So don't beat yourself up over it and I'm sure he will be happy to have one on one time playing the game with you. Big hugs!

We ALL do stuff like that every once and a while. Parenting is overwhelming and sometimes you have too much on your mind and things slip.

🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh, Andie {{{HUGS}}}, you must feel horrible, but I have a feeling that your son is just secretly grinning because now he has something to tease you with for the rest of your life…
                You're not horrible. You're human.

I agree with Peggy, Andie!!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Oh (((hugs))) I'll tell you, the way my last few weeks have been going, I can totally relate and am amazed I haven't done something similar.

You'll find a way to make it up to him. 🙂 Love you!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Hugs, everyone said what I think, Give yourself a break.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks again gals. Still feeling guilty but he's been a real sport…doing his best not to make me feel worse.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.