Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Yikes, virus ATTACK!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Yesterday afteoon I was sitting here at my computer looking at an ad at Michaels and all of sudden all these virus waing messages started popping up, messages telling me my firewall was down, just crazy stuff!! Virus scan popped up and said I had been infected with 31 viruses!! I promptly pulled the inteet connection cord out! Fortunately we have subscribed to a service with our DSL line provider called Rescue-It that provides round the clock help with any computer issues as well as online storage for both my computer and dh's. $20/month I think. Wow, can't tell you how invaluable this service has been for us in the 3-4 mos. that we've had it. Dh upgraded his computer with a new OS and they talked him thru the process, my computer was running at snail's pace, they spent hours and hours cleaning it up. Next moing I got up and all was well on my computer again. So today I called as soon as all these messages appreared and said HELP!!! 4 hrs later they had all the viruses removed and everything on my computer intact, all is good!! It is nice to pay for a service like this that acutally is worth the money!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

That is awesome service! So glad they were able to fix it for you.

wow – ya know such wicked people have the time to create nasty computer stuff. Boggles my mind why.

But I am so glad that you wee able to save your computer. That same thing happened tome at work and it took a few days to recover my stuff.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Glad it wasn't a total disaster!!!

So glad lthey were able to fix your computer!

Glad you were saved!!! I had Norton Inteet Security, and it did nothing to keep my computer safe…but it was pretty cheap.
          Now, I have webroot….more expensive, but it is trapping and removing trojan horses and other viruses, I wish I had that service for $20 a month. I'd get it.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Maggi, bad news about the virus, excellent that you have that service.
            I had to recover myself last Feb or March and it's a PITA big time.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

You know what really bothers me and I think I will call and ask, is how did a virus get on my computer in the first place? I have a firewall, I have virus protection provided by my ISP, and its always up to date so how does this happen? I wish I understood this kind of stuff more.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I had the same thing happen and my computer is protected by an IT department with all the latest and greatest yet somehow it still happened. Luckily IT had to fix mine free. (My laptop was given to me by my school so they do all the maintenance, updates, etc)

I had a bad virus too. When the little Geek came for my computer, he told me that I had over 50 viruses on it….and that was with protection too. (Sounds like a condom commercial! LOL!!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.