This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

CopyofSDC15543.jpg

SDC15521.jpg
    Supplies needed:

Scissors button or pearl embellishment for flower center.
    Needle
    Thread
    Zipper- size varies on the size of flower you want to make. This zipper is approx 26”. The metal teeth zippers work the best as they are stiffer, but the nylon ones work as well for smaller or less structured looking flowers.

SDC15522.jpg

Cut the Top Stop and the Bottom Stop off the zipper and slide off the zipper Pull, separating the zipper into 2 parts. Set aside on half for a different project.

SDC15524.jpg

Keep in mind that I am left handed, so, if you are right handed you will probably be folding your zipper the opposite direction.

Take one end of the zipper in your hand and make a loop/petal, making sure that the teeth of the zipper is always on the outside of the loop. The size of the loop will depend on how big you want your entire flower to be, and the length of your zipper. Take your needle and thread [double for added strength] and come up from undeeath through all layers and back down to secure.

SDC15525.jpg
    SDC15529.jpg

Continue making loops/petals and securing until you have completed 5 loops.

SDC15532.jpg
    This is what it should look like when all five petals are done. You should have a tail of zipper left over that is approximately 4 inches long.

SDC15535.jpg
    Now take the remaining zipper and from the open end, roll it up like shown in the photo and set it into the middle of the loops/petals.

SDC15539.jpg
    Take your needle up through the bottom of flower and through the side of the rolled up center and out the other side, and back down to the underside of the flower. Do this several times to secure.

Now you have completed the main structure of the flower and you can leave as is, or embellish it the way you like!

SDC15543.jpg

Here are some that I made, and embellished. The flower I made for my layout “simple pleasures” is embellished with lace, Diamond Dust on the teeth, and glittered pearls for the center. This Tutorial is for sharing and everyone to try! If you make one, I'd sure like to see it!

Sorry the photo's are so big! These flowers, left plain are great for Steam Punk!!!

very cool! I wondered where you got that flower on one of your latest lo's! tfs!

Beautiful flowers, Bonnie! What a cool idea! TFS!

TFS Bonnie!! Cool tut!

Snagg1
      Send PM

TFS Bonnie!! This is really creative 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

those are really really cool…..thanks

Wow! that's neat. Who would have thought of a zipper to make a flower. Creative!

So love the effect of the DD on them! TFS!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Love these.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

These are very cool…

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Bonnie, thanks so much, these are fantastic!!!!! (Love the DD effect, btw, takes it from cool to gorgeous!!)

Snagg1
                Send PM

Way cool, thank!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow Bonnie!! That's awesome!!! Who would have thought zippers…very creative!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Bonnie, I just found this and it's amazing!! I can hardly wait to try it, especially for Steam Punk layouts! I LOVE the look of the pink zipper flowers (of course :p) and have loads of colors I didn't know what to do with (handed down from my mom) until now! These will add such a unique look – thanks for sharing 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

That is so cool!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.